Day at the Office

Day at the Office
All Terrain Vehicle
I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. - Phillppians 3:14

Thursday, July 16, 2009

BEEN A WHILE

It's been a busy couple of weeks....but here is the long and short of it. Last week had to go to Tijuana on business....just those two words together make it a paradox doesn't it....or at least make you wonder what business that I am in. Think I'm going to leave you to speculate...it's more fun that way.

When I did step off the plane in San Diego, the 72 F temps felt quite refreshing. Of course when I looked out the starboard side of the plane upon the approach, I broke out in a cold sweat. It was nearly 21 years to the day, that I made the that trip to San Diego with the Marine Corps Recruit Depot as the final destination. (I really didn't know they could call my momma those names.) Had a great run on the sea walk.

Come back from the trip on Friday night...get home at 12:30 AM... get up early the next day and get on a plane with my oldest son Luke to fly him to his Gram and Pappy's house...come back and run 5 mile at 10:00 PM and then get up early Sunday and run 8 miles at 6:00 AM....

I have the El Scorcho 50K starting at midnight this coming Saturday...just hope I get this intestinal issue, Tijuana gave me, ironed out by then....That is all I got....RUN ON...

p.s. My buddy Paul Tidmore will be running the Vermont 100 miler this coming weekend...keep him in your thoughts and prayers....

2 comments:

Regina said...

You are a rockstar, I can't wait to hear all about it!

Regina said...

oh and you should be on the blog now, but it is not updated, maybe someday I will have time to update it!

RUN ON -SEMPER FIDELIS

RUN ON -SEMPER FIDELIS