Day at the Office

Day at the Office
All Terrain Vehicle
I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. - Phillppians 3:14

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Calmness of the Run

It's that time of year where things seem to get insane. I have vowed not to let that happen this year. I told Bren the other day, "let's make a list of what we have to do and want to do...let's not get overwhelmed with so many activities."

So where does running fit into such a hectic schedule? It is my essence in times of chaos. The temperatures are cool and on a brisk morning when most still are in deep slumber I ask my body to feel alive.

The soft rhythmic sound of my footfalls...syncopated with my breathing...and on the really good mornings you can see that breath. The long run is at the end of the week...where the solace helps me regain perspective. So...on a 4 hour trail run...solo...I renew my sound mind...running requires that.

My endurance is good...not great but good....22 miles on the trail and after 30 minutes of recovery...no soreness....no pain....no fatigue....and so I press on.

2 comments:

krisann said...

I love your writing.....high five to getting rid of the hectic schedule this season and just enjoying it for what it truly is. Just gotta figure out how to do that.

Brenda said...

Perfect Dave. Keep it up so you can pace me at Rocky. :)

RUN ON -SEMPER FIDELIS

RUN ON -SEMPER FIDELIS