Day at the Office

Day at the Office
All Terrain Vehicle
I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. - Phillppians 3:14

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

INSPIRATION

In early March I read a blog of a lady who had beaten Hodgkin's disease. Her name is Jenny Goellnitz. What is amazing about her is that she kept running even during her chemotherapy days. On her 28th birthday, to celebrate her victory and life, she ran 214 miles in a 7 day period. The number 214 is significant to her. It is the day the doctor dignoised her cancer - February 14.

My training continued...still for nothing in particular. Saturday runs increased to 10 and 12 miles. Meanwhile my bother-in-law and good friend is training and running 1/2 marathons. It is important to note that he is a machine that can post decent race times.

He calls to my attention a trail race put on by The North Face in Washington D.C. on September 6. He used to live in the D.C. area and we talked about participating in the event. What is cool about it is The North Face Endurance challange was offering the challange of running further than you have before with a 10K, a 1/2 Marathon, a 50K and a 50 mile race. Sounds like something to train for...oh heck, let's do the 50 mile.

In a way, I'm blaming Dean Karnazes and Jenny Goellnitz for me even considering running two marathons back to back.

See what inspiration does for you...makes think about things you never would have ever thought about. Heed my warning, Be careful of who inspires you.

No comments:

RUN ON -SEMPER FIDELIS

RUN ON -SEMPER FIDELIS