Day at the Office

Day at the Office
All Terrain Vehicle
I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. - Phillppians 3:14

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Funny, Like Crazy Funny

A few days ago I was at a local bookstore perusing the magazine rack and reviewing the latest Runner's World periodical. They had a story about Bart Yasso running the Badwater 135. For those who are not atuned to the ultramarathon world, it is a 135 mile race through the Mohave Desert during the summertime. The article mentioned that Bart had to change his shoes ever 10 miles due to the pavement melting the midsoles.

I mumbled under my breath that, "that is crazy!" The portly lady who was employed by the bookstore asked," What is Crazy?" I explained about the Badwater 135 and then mumbled something like, "and I think running 50 miles is going to be hard." The lady looked right at me like I was stone cold insane and said, "I guess 'Crazy' is always the next step."

No comments:

RUN ON -SEMPER FIDELIS

RUN ON -SEMPER FIDELIS