Day at the Office

Day at the Office
All Terrain Vehicle
I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. - Phillppians 3:14

Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day

I would like to start by thanking all those how have kept the wolf from the doorstep for over 200 years and especially for those who have paid the ultimate sacrifice in doing so. I have received a few thank you notes this weekend for my service; and frankly feel a bit embarrassed for such. During my service in the Marine Corps I never was in grave harms way. God Bless America and protect those defending it.

On the training front, it has been a good weekend. Saturday morning I got up and began a run in the dark on a trial I had never ran before. Erwin State park in McKinney Texas has a mountain bike trail that consist of an 8 mile loop. The weather could be described as sultry as it was 80 degrees at 5:00 AM and about 80% relative humidity. I ran the loop twice resupplying with water and fuel at the 8 mile interval. Needless to say at the end of 16 miles I was a bit dehydrated. I had pushed maybe a little too hard as my legs were also hammered. On Sunday afternoon the weather was no less brutal as temperatures climbed up to 98 degrees. I had planned to go at least 8 miles. I started the run with pushing my 2 year Hope in the baby jogger the first 5 miles. I then dropped her off at the house and ran the last 4 for miles hard, totaling about 9 miles. This gave me a boost in confidence for pushing two days back to back and performing under such weather conditions.

Next Friday my family and I make the pilgrimage to Austin Texas to meet up with Bren's brother, Marshall. Sunday, June 1 is the second in a three race off road series called the Loop. We will run the 30K (18.6 mi.) option. Marshall has ran the course twice and nicknamed it "bone crusher" as it consist of about 85% limestone. More to follow!

No comments:

RUN ON -SEMPER FIDELIS

RUN ON -SEMPER FIDELIS