Day at the Office

Day at the Office
All Terrain Vehicle
I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. - Phillppians 3:14

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Bad News...No, Good News!

When I got back from Austin Texas after running the 30K Loop, I was ready to sign up for the El Scorcho 50K (31 miles) in Fort Worth Texas. It takes place on July 20 and begins at 12:00 midnight. That's right, you run 31 miles basically all night long. So I go to the web site to find out that the race is booked up. I cannot sign up. Man that's bad news! I immediately email the race director and ask him to put my name on the waiting list.

Well, yesterday I received an email that I was going to get a chance to sign up for the El Scorcho 50K because of some cancellations. That's Good News! I can't wait to run 31 miles all night long. I have done neither as of yet so I am fired up about the challenge and plan to use this as a training run for TNF 50 miler in September.

So here is the plan. Run the El Scorcho in under 6 hours. Drive home to Plano Texas. Take a shower. Go eat a good breakfast....and do this all in time to go to the 9:30 AM church service on Sunday morning. Sounds like a full day...I mean night. Way Cool!

2 comments:

Dave said...

So basically what you're saying is that I can later ask you if you ran that race and you'll mumble "it was a big race waddn't it?"

Anonymous said...

You are crazy, perhaps that is what I like about your blog. Best off luck to you, and enjoy your evening run. Sounds interesting, one day, I might give it a try.

RUN ON -SEMPER FIDELIS

RUN ON -SEMPER FIDELIS