Day at the Office

Day at the Office
All Terrain Vehicle
I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. - Phillppians 3:14

Thursday, June 26, 2008

WS100

The Western States 100 mile race WAS this coming weekend. I found out this morning that it has been cancelled due to the forest fires in Northern California.

I can not tell you how I feel for the runners and their disappointment.

This is a difficult race to get to run in and with this cancellation, it puts a new twist in the lottery system for next year. If you do not get drawn from the lottery to run in it for 2 years in a row, you automatically get to run it the 3rd year. Rick Gaston, my "Ultramarathon" mentor was counting on running it next year. It would be his 2nd time to run this brutal race. That now may be up in the air.

1 comment:

Rick Gaston said...

I think my chances for WS100 next year is close to 0, haha but that's ok. This year's runners should get automatic entry for next year's race, the bad news is that they still have to pay for it.

There are great 100-milers between May and August, I'll just pick one of those, preferably a race I hadn't done before. Lots of options.

P.S. your too kind with the "mentor" deal, just helping out a fellow runner.

RUN ON -SEMPER FIDELIS

RUN ON -SEMPER FIDELIS