Day at the Office

Day at the Office
All Terrain Vehicle
I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. - Phillppians 3:14

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

20th Class Reunion

This past weekend was the my 20th Class Reunion an my parents 40th anniversary. My parents 40th party went off without a hitch...big fun. The reunion was very well planned but poorly attended. So on that end, very disappointing.
On the upside, I got to go see my parents and a few friends that I have not seen in awhile.


Additionally I got to run in a mild climate. OK it's a dry heat and like they say, it's not the heat that gets you but the humidty. The humidity is nearly 0%. I grew up in west Texas in a town about 30 miles west of Lubbock. It's called Levelland. No Joke. Just to show what I mean I have pictures of me coming back off a run. You can actually sit on your front porch and watch your dog run away for 2 days.

With that landscape and undaunting dry heat, that brings me to a big race that was ran this week, July 14-16. It's called the BADWATER 135. It's a 135 mile race through Death Valley. The runners go from 235 feet below sea level to over 8000 feet above sea level. Yeah, it get's hot. Try 130 degrees F. Come to find out a girl from Lubbock ran the thing in under 32 hours and came in 3rd place for the women. Texas girls are tough I tell ya! Especially when the race is flat and hot. (Insert your joke here)

This coming Saturday Midnight the El Scorcho 50K kicks off. I am sure to have a race report. Also this coming weekend is the Tahoe Rim Trail run. My buddy Rick is running the 100 mile part of the trail. We'll both be running all night on Saturday...only his suffering will be much greater...trust me.

No comments:

RUN ON -SEMPER FIDELIS

RUN ON -SEMPER FIDELIS