Day at the Office

Day at the Office
All Terrain Vehicle
I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. - Phillppians 3:14

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Week of Recovery

A week and half ago I ran the El Scorcho 50K Race. This past Saturday I ran 20 miles on the Erwin Trail and on Sunday followed up with a 7 mile hill run. On Monday during the spin class I was trying to hang on and finish strong. My body was telling me that it need to recover. So on Monday and Tuesday, for the first time in 6 months, I did not work out 2 days in a row. Here we are in the middle of the week and my body is feeling rejuvenated. This weekend my family and I are going on vacation. Therefore there will be running involved, but no long runs. Next week will be hammer time for the next two weeks followed by a three week taper.

4 comments:

Rick Gaston said...

Dave, amazing what a little rest will do huh. The further you go with this running thing the better you'll be able to read your body's sign. Already you're learning early to back off when it needs it. The sooner/earlier you back off when your body needs it the less down time you need. You're also in great shape now so it only took two days to get back on your feet. Remember my motto that I also picked up from another runner: "When in doubt rest".

Enjoy the vacation with the family.

Dave said...

Proud of you, Dave. I still think you're crazy, but Jen and I are thinking about you and your family and keeping you guys in our prayers. Keep in touch.

Dave and Jen

kelly said...

I just checked out your blog and really enjoyed it. Good luck with your running. It's been the greatest sport for me and I still love it.

Dave said...

Rick, thanks for all your advice and input. You have been a great help in prepping for the TNF 50 miler.

Dave,
Congrats on the impending new arrival...yeah...my wife thinks this I am crazy...that's why she married me.

Kelly,
Thanks for visiting the blog. Running has been a great thing for me as well.

RUN ON -SEMPER FIDELIS

RUN ON -SEMPER FIDELIS