Day at the Office

Day at the Office
All Terrain Vehicle
I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. - Phillppians 3:14

Thursday, September 4, 2008

So It Goes....

Here I am at 11:26PM on a Thursday night. I should be getting up in about 4 hours to make my way to the airport. In a short 30 or so hours the race is to begin. It's not going to happen.

I cannot begin to tell you of my disappointment. Last night at about 10:00 PM I recieved an email from North Face detailing that the race may be postponed due to Hurricane Hanna bearing down on the East Coast. Today at about 7:00 that email came. Because of the the governor of Virgina declaring a state of emergency, there was not going to be enough search and rescue personal to support such race. Therefore, no race.

Where do I go from here. That's easy. The second weekend in October there is the Palo Duro Canyon 50 mile race. It's the first race in a 5 race series of 50 mile Ultras in Texas.

"He said, 'Come what may, I want to run!'" - 2 Samuel 18:23

5 comments:

Brenda / Russ / Lance said...

Looks like we've all got our eyes on October ultra races as Plan B - just a like true runner! Face forward and one foot in front of the other. It's the only way!

Have a good weekend - in drier weather too!

Dave said...

Russ, Bren and Lance:

Looks like you need to get in on this Palo Duro Canyon 50 miler as a plan B as well.

Dave

P.s. The Palo Duro Canyon is the second largest canyon in the U.S. next to the Grand Canyon.

Kathy O said...

It's a bummer, no doubt. We'll miss your visit to the DC Metro area; instead we get tropical storm Hanna!

Unknown said...

I am so sorry Dave! I got on to check how it went...not even putting 2 and 2 together. Keep up the training!

Rick Gaston said...

So Dave, I know we already talked about this but I didn't know this was the first in a 5 race series, will you do the other 4? Haha forget I said anything.

(Just planting future running mayhem in your mind)

RUN ON -SEMPER FIDELIS

RUN ON -SEMPER FIDELIS